Sikadur-31 is a thixotropic adhesive mortar based on a 2-component solvent free epoxy resin containing fillers. Sikadur-31 will bond and fill a wide variety of building and construction materials and may be used in both dry and damp conditions thereby providing an adhesive mortar ideally suited to site application. It is available in three grades: rapid, normal and long pot life for low, medium and high ambient temperatures respectively.
Sikadur-31 may be used as a thin layer levelling mortar, repair mortar or adhesive for most building materials (concrete, brick, stone, ceramics, cement mortar, GRC, fibrous cement, iron and steel and epoxy mortar). Sikadur-31 may also be used to anchor holding down bolts, starter bars etc. as a bonding bridge between old concrete and Sikadur-41 mortar. The material is also ideally suited for bonding of external reinforcement and as a general structural adhesive. Special higher strength grades of the material are available for segmental bridge and other construction.
Characteristics and Advantages
- Chemical resistant
- Insensitive to moisture during application, cure or whilst in service
- Applicable at low temperatures
- Excellent adhesion to most building materials even when damp
- High abrasion resistance
- Approved for use in contact with potable water
- High early strength
- High tensile and flexural strength
- Supplied in factory proportioned units
- Easily applied – thixotropic, non-sag
- Proven in service
- Shrink free
- Two components of different colours enabling visual control of degree of mixing.
Part A – White Part B – Dark Grey Mixed product uniform grey colouration