Sikaflex® Tank N is a 1-part Elastic Sealant for Joints Exposed to Chemicals.
Sikaflex® Tank N is used in areas for the storage, filling and handling of water polluting liquids such as floor joints in petrol stations, joints in handling areas, storage tanks and containment bunds, movement- and connection joints according to IVD data sheet no. 1. I. E. in workshops and parking garages
Prior to Sealing:
- Removal of existing joints
- Clean out existing expansion joints to depth of min 50mm using road saw with flat wire wheel
- Clean out joints. Vacuum and sweep joints
- Repair cracked concrete by pinning and stitching
Sealing to Expansion Joints:
- Tape up sides of joint repair with Masking Tape to avoid spilling over
- Install foam backing rods into the joints
- Prime seal expansion joints with Sika® Primer-3-N
- Installation of Sikaflex® Tank N into joint at a min. depth of 15mm
- Remove masking tape
- Final Inspection and hand-over.